text size A A A
Health & Wellness
Mission: To foster an environment that promotes well-being for Floridaâ€™s elders and enables them to remain in their homes and communities.
What are evidence-based health promotion programs?
Programs that have been researched and proven to be effective in the prevention and symptom management of certain chronic health conditions.
Types of evidence-based programs:
- Chronic disease self-management
- Falls prevention programs
- Fitness programs
- Nutrition programs
- Strength and balance programs
- Mental health programs
What are the benefits to participants of evidence-based programs?
- Overcoming their fatigue
- Positively managing symptoms/pain management
- Making healthier food choices and portion control
- Connecting with other individuals (socialize)
- Managing their medications
- Building strength and maintain balance
Return to Top
Health & Wellness Home | Evidence-based Programs | Top Evidence-based Programs
Falls Prevention | How To Get Involved | AAA Tools | Helpful Websites | Find a Class | Contact Us